Battery Backup Power Module - Evolutionary Design to Replace UPS
New, innovative, Battery Backup Power (BBP®) technology providing a cost-effective infrastructure solution for mission-critical server and storage operation. The PWS-1K03B-1R is an industry-first Battery Backup Power (BBP®) module contained in the same form factor as a Supermicro redundant AC power supply (76W x 360D x 40.4H mm). This module is hot-swappable and fits Supermicro 1U/2U/3U/4U chassis providing high output power in 1200W/1min and 1000W/2.5 min options. These can be implemented in 1+1+1 (2 AC modules + 1 BBP® Module), 1+2 (1 AC + 2 BBP® @ 2000W) or 2+2 (2 AC + 2 BBP® @ 2000W) configurations. For Supermicro's 1U servers, the PWS-206B-1R (54.5W x 220D x 40H mm) provides BBP® protection in 200W/5min and 100W/15min options.
- Increases overall data center power efficiency
- Eliminates UPS while maintaining system power redundancy
- Flexible configurations available for current Supermicro systems
- Significantly more cost-effective than traditional UPS
- Available in 200W and 1000W battery pack capacities and extend back-up time easily by adding N+1 application ( N=1 or 2 or 3)
- Flexible System Control and Power Down Options for AC Failure Situation